Multiple Contract Project Manager Roles! - Premier Entertainment Client - Fully Remote!
Our client owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
They are looking for two project managers for different functions around the organization.
Role 1: Project Manager II - Infrastructure
The Project Manager II has the responsibility for the planning and execution of work efforts within Parks Technology, with minimal input and guidance from direct management as required. This candidate will lead small to medium scale projects from design through implementation. In addition to working directly with the project team, the candidate will interact with all aspects of the business stakeholders, multiple vendors, and executive leadership to report the project status and to obtain critical decisions when necessary. Projects assigned will be dynamic in nature, so the candidate must be capable of rapidly changing discussions, conditions, and decisions. The position will work in a fast paced, and continuous delivery environment. A successful candidate must have an outward thinking and collaborative mindset, be self-sufficient; and have strong project management skills to deploy projects to meet the business goals.
- Works closely with all Technology teams, business partners, and Vendors to plan, organize, secure, and manage resources for assigned project efforts following software development lifecycle and project implementation policies and procedures as applicable.
- Independently research, analyze, identify, and document the tasks to achieve the project goals.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and lead project team meetings to accomplish project deliverables.
- Manage vendor relationships once contractual commitments have been agreed upon.
- Responsible for the management of the project including: work statements, work breakdown structures, developing and tracking budget and schedule, tracking individual project tasks, providing risk analysis, tracking and resolving issues and action items, providing various project management visibility and control measures and reports as needed and communicating to project team and stakeholders.
- Perform requirements gathering and quality assurance as needed.
- Successful management, design, execution and deployment of assigned projects ensuring requirements are met, design reviews are held, budgets/timelines/priorities are respected, documentation is maintained, and final support hand-offs with training are performed.
- High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor's degree in MIS, Technology, or Business is preferred.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and processes, requirements gathering, or business analysis preferred.
- Requires the use of sound business judgment in coordinating the requirements of the user group(s) for a project
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving techniques required
- Good in presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation required.
- 3+ years in the field of computer science, information systems, technology, project management or software engineering required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Role 2: Manager
The Manager is responsible for managing the Infant & Preschool Toys business, providing input in the overall category strategies, and managing key licensee relationships in support of Our Client's brands, across our Film, TV, and other IP.
The ideal candidate should have a minimum of 7 years of experience with Category/Brand Management, knowledge of the licensing and retail landscape in the Toys & Hardlines categories. The candidate should have solid relationships with major brand partners, a proven successful track record, an entrepreneurial spirit and the breadth of skills required to help execute key initiatives & overall growth of the Consumer Products Business.
- Identify opportunities and fill gaps by product category and related sub-categories, age, segment, market, channel, and franchise.
- Support contract negotiations for key licensee and perform all functions, including contact maintenance.
- Accountable for day-to-day management of key licensees including overseeing business reviews.
- Partner with the Creative and Brand Assurance team to drive quality and champion innovation in product development. Ensure timely product approvals in line with industry needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats, and dynamics for key licensees.
- Fiscal responsibility to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting.
- Analyze account (licensee & retailer) business performance and develop growth objectives that aligned with Our Client.
- Support contract negotiations by analyzing and vetting licensee business plan.
- Support brand marketing initiatives including the development and execution of category plans.
- Define and integrate licensees within wider brand and marketing plans.
- Liaise with Retail Development team to complement account promotional and marketing plans and ensure key licensee participation. Identify exclusive opportunities that support account specific requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key buyers and decision makers at key retailers, in partnership with the Retail team.
- Maintain knowledge of key seasonality and buying cycles of retailers.
- Provide input and execute strategy set for the Infant & Preschool Toys categories, as they align with the larger franchise strategy.
- Develop line and segmentation strategy for key licensees, maintaining a three- year roadmap, driving innovation and quality.
- Manage a portfolio of licensees to grow the CP business. Critically evaluate the licensee base to ensure we have the right number of partners and best in category overall.
- Bachelor's degree + 5-6 yrs. of directly related experience or MBA + 2-3 yrs.
- Strong understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of licensees' production and creative capabilities/limitations.
- Experience at a toy company.
Some more information about Lawrence Harvey:
Who we are:
We at Lawrence Harvey are a recruitment service with a difference. We are specialists within our niche areas of technology recruitment with a lasting reputation for delivery for our clients and candidates in both permanent and contract solutions. Lawrence Harvey has seen huge growth, even through the economic uncertainty of recent years and is now a global business servicing some of the leading organizations across the world. Despite this international expansion, we remain a personal service, committed to our relationships and maintaining the exceptional standards experienced by those who partner with us.
What we are looking for:
You! We'll do the heavy lifting to help you with your search by getting your resume in front of our clients who range from Unicorn Start-ups to Fortune 100 organizations. All we ask for is for a brief intro conversation to get to know you, your skill set, experience level, and desired roles and settings.