86 Night-Crew Foreman / Head Clerk ($23.31)
Department: KS Grocery
Post End Date:
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Store Management
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Embrace the Customer 1st strategy to create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager to achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Assist with directing, supporting and supervising all functions, duties and activities for the department. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Communicate company, department, and job specific information to associates.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department; inform customers of grocery specials; offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products they inquire about.
- Assist with developing and executing a business plan to achieve desired results.
- Inform and educate department associates about current, upcoming and special in-store promotions.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Assist with scheduling routine price changes by updating shelf tags and promotional signs.
- Assist with planning, organizing and supervising the inventory process.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Work overnight shifts.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to work overnight shifts
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Management experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: None
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Similar jobs near me
- Exploring the Income Potential of an Insurance Underwriter
- Understanding the Role of an Underwriter in Insurance
- Navigating the Job Market: Tips for Insurance Underwriters
- Unemployment Insurance: Understanding Financial Support for Job Loss
- Navigating the Education Requirements for a Career as an Insurance Underwriter