Patient Care Technician
Company Name: The Little Clinic
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the day to day direction of the on-duty Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, the general purpose of the Patient Care Technician (PCT) position is to maximize patient flow through the clinic while providing a Stellar Patient Experience. Responsible for performing all the appropriate administrative tasks, including EMR documentation, in accordance with company policy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in maintaining a "365 day survey-ready" environment as required to maintain Joint Commission Accreditation.
- Greet any customers or potential patients while in the front area or near the clinic.
- Clean and organize the clinic space daily. This includes, but not limited to, taking out trash, logging and putting away supply orders, cleaning the floor under counters and around furniture.
- Answer questions, following HIPAA guidelines while in the front area.
- Utilize the Patient Care Technician PERK system.
- Determine method of payment, describing the options, prompt pay or filing with one of our accepted insurance plans.
- Copy government issued identification for all patients.
- Copy insurance card if the patient selects for insurance to be filed.
- Escort the patient to the exam room and determine the patient's chief complaint.
- Consult with the provider for questions related to scope of services (i.e. what is in scope or out of scope).
- Complete the registration process, placing the patient under the respective appointment book for the provider on duty.
- Scanning all appropriate documents, alert the provider if they need to complete the scanning.
- Collect payments and log in the EMR.
- Obtain vital signs and enter the data in the EMR in designated clinics with completed competencies.
- Continue to process the patients in the waiting area moving patients back to waiting area after obtaining vital signs and initial history. *
- Depending on patient complaint assist the provider within specified protocols, with obtaining specimens, e.g., strep, influenza, mono, urinalysis, etc.
- Provide waiting patients/potential patients guidance on registration, wait time, services that may be rendered, and payment methods.
- Answer phones, responds to questions, and return calls as necessary.
- Participate in off site events as needed.
- Participate in monthly screening events. Prepare supplies for event, registering patients, etc.
- Put together weekly order for supplies for provider's approval.
- Prepare packages and mail for shipping.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Patient Care Technicians that hold an active license either as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse may upon direction administer flu and pneumonia immunizations prescribed by the Provider, after completing the required credentialing paperwork and competency for immunizations subject to state regulatory requirements.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and task-management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team-based environment
- Ability to travel independently as needed.
- Basic math skills
Potential Career Path from this position:
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Keywords: CNA, PCA, EMT, Medical, Phlebotomist
The Little Clinic Jobs: To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you'll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Parker || 12959 S Parker Rd || 80134 || The Little Clinic || None || Health Care (The Little Clinic); Customer Service; Digital; Digital Technology; Digital/e-Commerce; Diversity; Drug/GM; Fresh; Freshness & Standards; Friendly & Experience; Front End; Frozen Food; General Merchandise; General Merchandising (Fred Meyer); General/Home; Grocery; Health & Beauty Care; Health & Wellness; Patient Care; Pharmacy; Pickup; The Little Clinic; e-Commerce || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
Similar jobs near me
- Exploring the Income Potential of an Insurance Underwriter
- Understanding the Role of an Underwriter in Insurance
- Navigating the Job Market: Tips for Insurance Underwriters
- Unemployment Insurance: Understanding Financial Support for Job Loss
- Navigating the Education Requirements for a Career as an Insurance Underwriter