Emerald is seeking a Sales Consultant to drive new revenue in sponsorship, advertising, media and exhibit sales for our MJBizCon and Emerald Conference From professional grow and processing to financial services, MJBizCon connects industry leaders in distinct segmented areas including Cultivation Products & Services, Processing, Packaging & Lab Services, Retail & Dispensary, and Business Services. The Emerald conference is the original, longest running interdisciplinary cannabis science event and the forum for discussion on discovery science, as well as how sicence and data support best practices in cultivation, production, and quality assurance.
The Sales Consultant position will cater to exhibitors in Cannabis industry, taking an approach to providing solutions to our exhibitors and advertisers to create long-lasting, mutually beneficial partnerships.
This role will have a unique blend of true "hunting" and Account Management. You will be building key relationships with a core base of business, as well as creating new and long-lasting customers. Your role will be increasing the rate of retention and working closely with key team players to identify and develop opportunities for up-selling and cross-selling across media and events to meet and exceed annual territory goals.
The best candidate for this position will be a self-motivated business development and relationship builder with a strong attention to detail; exceptional follow through, and the ability to solve tough client problems proactively and creatively.
This position can be performed from any of our US-based offices or remotely from anywhere within the US.
- Proactively sourcing and generating sales leads using competitive events, publications and CRM tools.
- Meeting and exceeding sales goals across applicable revenue streams for MJBizCon
- Increasing customer retention rates and drive increased revenue
- Deepening the relationship with prospects generated by customer success team members and acting on qualified leads; driving opportunities for up-selling or cross-selling increasing ROI for the customer
- Delivering proposals fitting the needs of the customer and securing the closing of contracts
- Provide feedback to Sales Director to meet strategic sales goals
- Regularly communicating with customers to maintain satisfaction and utilizing internal marketing and/or operations resources where opportunities for improvement arise
- Partnering with marketing and operations teams to properly educate and inform customers of services and/or products that will benefit their business
- Serve as an MJBiz subject matter expert in both our products/services and those of competitors to provide the highest level of service and support to customers
- Effective use of internal sales tracking systems to monitor growth and performance in designated products and services
- Candidates should have applicable sales or business development experience
- Trade show sales and/or experience in the cannabis industry preferred.
- Strong closing skills required
- Ability to work self-directed and self-motivated to meet and exceed sales development goals
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Creative with sales approach, and able to manage tough situations
- Computer literate in all aspects of Microsoft office a must
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM required.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
To support our commitment to provide a healthy and safe work environmentwe requireall of our team members to have received the COVID-19 vaccine. We utilize CLEAR as our verification partner.
Emerald s talented and experienced teams grow our customers businesses 365 days a year with products that create connections, deliver content, and drive commerce. We produce over 140 annual events, create and deliver content through print and digital channels, and power commerce through our seamlessly integrated in-person and digital platforms and channels. For more information, please visit (url removed).
At Emerald, we strive to foster a diverse and inclusive community. We actively recruit and champion candidates who bring new perspectives from varied professional backgrounds and experiences, and we are intentional about ensuring a positive hiring experience for everyone. Our job postings don t contain experience inflation, and most don t require college degrees. Instead, they re crafted to focus on outcomes and transferable experiences that are assessed in a structured interview process carried out by trained hiring teams.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Target Compensation: $60-65K (Sales Incentive Eligible)
Please note that this range reflects a reasonable estimate of the target compensation for this position. This range may ultimately vary based on a candidate s qualifications and may be higher where required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive benefits package designed to strengthen our employees physical and mental health, including unlimited vacation for exempt employees, flexible working locations, 401(k) plan with a company match, medical/dental/vision coverage with inclusive provisions including transgender services and fertility benefits, parental and caregiver leave, dependent, commuter and FSA benefits, professional development programs like Toastmasters, and mental wellness tools such as the Headspace app and weekly guided meditation programs.
If you need accommodation in our application process or have questions about our posted salary range, please email our Talent Acquisition team at (url removed).